Governor Roy Cooper today ordered all United States and North Carolina flags at state facilities to be lowered to half-staff beginning Friday, March 20, 2020 in honor of the following fallen soldiers who were stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
- Private Jamie Wyatt Boger, a US Army Special Forces Candidate who attended Fort Bragg's John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School as a student before his assignment to the Special Warfare Medical Group in October 2019 (Date of Death: March 16, 2020)
- Private First Class Joseph Del Hierro, a US Army Paratrooper assigned to B Company, 1st Battalion, 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division (Date of Death: February 23, 2020)
- Private 2nd Class Caleb Smither, a US Army Paratrooper assigned to the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division (Date of Death: January 21, 2020)
- Master Sergeant Nathan Goodman, a US Army Special Operations Command Soldier assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Date of Death: January 14, 2020)
In tribute, flags are to remain at halfstaff through sunset on Friday March 27, 2020.
As a show of respect, individuals, businesses, schools, municipalities, counties and other government subdivisions are encouraged to fly the flag at half-staff for the duration of time indicated.
- NCDOA Communications
- Department of Administration
- 116 W. Jones Street
- Raleigh, North Carolina 27603