To build on our incredible economic success, one priority is paramount — reversing decades of calamitous trade policies."
— President Donald J. Trump
REJECTING THE FAILED POLICIES OF THE PAST: President Trump Donald J. Trump is standing up for American workers and stopping the disastrous trade deals of the past.
NEGOTIATING BETTER DEALS: President Trump has delivered for the American people - negotiating new trade deals that put Americans first.
- President Trump is turning back the failed trade policies of past administrations that closed more than 60,000 American factories and shipped millions of jobs overseas.
- In the decades following NAFTA's implementation and China's accession to the WTO, America lost 1 in 4 manufacturing jobs.
- No longer is America turning a blind eye towards the unfair trade policies that have harmed American companies and workers for far too long.
- President Trump understands that any trade deal our country enters into must be a fair deal for American workers.
IGNITING A BLUE COLLAR BOOM: President Trump's efforts to support America's manufacturing are bringing back jobs and igniting a blue collar boom.
- President Trump signed USMCA into law, making good on his promise to terminate NAFTA, and replace it with a much better deal for the American people.
- The President confronted China's unfair trade policies head-on and imposed historic tariffs, resulting in a groundbreaking phase one trade agreement with China.
- This agreement will begin rebalancing our trade relations, protect American intellectual property, combat counterfeit trafficking, and expand markets for American businesses.
- Thanks to the President's efforts, we have signed two new trade agreements with Japan that will benefit American agricultural exports and grow our digital trade for the future.
- Japan will open its market to approximately $7 billion in American agricultural exports.
- The President's efforts will help boost the already approximately $40 billion worth of digital trade between our two countries.
- The President has renegotiated our trade deal with South Korea, providing a boost to America's auto industry.
- The President is working to negotiate even more new trade deals in the coming year.
You can visit a collection of all White House posts by clicking here.
- President Trump is bringing back American manufacturing after years of neglect by past administrations.
- Manufacturers around the country are adding thousands of new, high-paying jobs for American workers.
- Since the President's election, more than 500,000 manufacturing jobs have been added to the American economy.
- Comparatively, 20,000 manufacturing jobs were lost in the 12 months prior to the election.
- Blue collar workers, on average, are on track to see almost $2,500 more in annual wages.