"We must strive to build communities that truly serve, support, and protect our veterans from the very first moment they return to civilian life."
— President Donald J. Trump
SERVING, SUPPORTING, AND PROTECTING OUR VETERANS: President Donald J. Trump has made it a priority to support the American veterans who courageously protected our country.
PROVIDING QUALITY CARE: President Trump continues working tirelessly to improve healthcare quality for veterans and end the tragedy of veteran suicide.
- President Trump has worked tirelessly to ensure that our American heroes have the care and support they have earned when they leave the service.
- In 2018, President Trump signed the largest funding bill for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in history, securing $86.5 billion for the VA.
- President Trump signed the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, making it easier to identify problems within the VA and improve the quality of service for veterans.
- In an effort to expedite the appeals process for veterans, President Trump signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act.
- President Trump created a 24/7 White House VA Hotline to ensure that our veterans receive immediate attention and aid.
HONORING OUR HEROES AT HOME: President Trump is ensuring that our veterans receive the resources they need to return to civilian life with dignity and security.
- The President signed the VA MISSION Act, a monumental reform of the VA system that will help provide our veterans with the care and support they deserve.
- This legislation greatly expands veteran's ability to choose the healthcare that best meets their individual needs.
- Under the VA Mission Act, Veterans will gain access to care right in their own communities.
- President Trump signed an Executive Order on the "President's Roadmap to Empower Veterans and End a National Tragedy of Suicide" (PREVENTS Initiative).
- The order calls on members of the Federal government and the private sector to join efforts in improving veterans' quality of life and identifying veterans in need.
- Last year, President Trump signed a funding bill that secures $8.6 billion for veterans' mental health services and $400 million for opioid use prevention.
- President Trump is making sure that veterans receive the educational benefits they deserve.
- In 2017, the President signed the "Forever GI Bill," providing veterans access to their veteran educational benefits at any point during their lifetime.
- President Trump signed a presidential memorandum that makes it easier for totally and permanently disabled veterans to have their Federal student debt eliminated.
- The Administration has taken action to help boost veterans' employment.
- Under the Trump Administration, veteran employment reached the lowest level ever recorded.
- President Trump issued an Executive Order to enhance opportunities for military spouses to find employment within the Federal government.
- President Trump signed legislation to ensure that veteran benefits will receive the same cost of living adjustment increase as social security.