Publisher's note: This post appears here courtesy of the LifeZette, and written by Popzette Staff.
Readers - many of them vehement - have continued to share their dismay and discouragement over the news that Catherine Herridge, a veteran reporter at Fox News - who had been with the network since its founding back in 1996 - has now left there and moved over to CBS News.
"She will work as a senior investigative correspondent out of Washington, CBS News said, and will start in November," Variety
Her inline bio now includes that information as well.
The network itself also released a statement about the news on Twitter.
The CBS News announcement quoted Herridge as saying, "I feel privileged to join a team where facts and storytelling will always matter."
After Shep Smith's departure
from Fox News in October after his final newscast several weeks ago now, Herridge becomes the second long-serving Fox News journalist to leave the cable news outlet.
Here are 10 new and telling reactions - presented below as readers wrote them - from people online who continue to share their blunt and unvarnished views and input over the news of last week.
- "Sorry to see her go, but I cannot follow her to CBS. Please stay true to yourself. She is definitely one of the better ones."
- "I am going to miss Catherine Herridge on Fox. She is the one reporter I felt I could always trust. Won't be watching her on CBS, as they always spread fake news. Not sure I can understand why she went there. I guess she got a promotion, but I can't think of it that way."
- "So sorry to see her go. She is the consummate professional. I wonder if CBS will allow her the freedom she had at Fox News."
- "She said the following: 'I feel privileged to join a team where facts and storytelling will always matter.' What a joke! Facts are nowhere to be found at CBS News. She will be a Trump hater very soon."
- "Don't know what they promised her, but her ability to investigate and tell the real story will be compromised. She is going to be disappointed."
- "All reporters - 'journalists' - should take a big lesson from her. She is so good at her job that it had to be a rare individual [who] could have discerned any politically leaning bias one way or the other. As to her own mindset or opinions of any issue, she held them seriously tightly to herself."
- "My only hope is she will bring fair and balanced reportage to CBS. I won't know, 'cause I refuse to watch national mainstream media. Good luck, Catherine."
- "This is a surprise and huge disappointment. Always liked her reporting and courtesy to other people on the news. Like other Fox News watchers, I won't be watching CBS."
- "I'm upset. I think she has such integrity. Why switch to that network?!"
- "She will fade away! Really surprised."