Today, newly elected Congressman Greg Murphy (NC-3) was officially sworn in to the 116th Congress. Murphy assumes the congressional seat representing North Carolina's third district, replacing the late Walter Jones, who passed away earlier this year.
Rep. Murphy released the following statement:
- "What an honor to be sworn in to the people's House and officially begin the work of representing North Carolina's third district. When I campaigned this last election, I made a promise that I'd come to Washington, D.C. and fight relentlessly for conservative values like lower taxes, more accountable government, and small-business friendly polices. I intend to do just that. We're just getting started.
- Moreover, it is not lost on me that I'm replacing a conservative the caliber of the late Rep. Walter Jones. When all is said and done, I hope the legacy I leave behind can be similar to his: one of grace, humility, and willingness to put his constituents first.
- Thank you to so many of you who placed your trust in me to serve you in Congress. As long as you give me this privilege, you have my firm commitment that I will listen to your voices and your interests above all else. Let's get to work."
Rep. Murphy was sworn in alongside Dan Bishop, newly elected representative for North Carolina's ninth district.
- Wayne King
- Senior Advisor
- Congressman Greg Murphy (NC3)
- Email: Wayne.King@mail.house.gov