Publisher's note: We will provide all Hurricane Dorian reports and press releases as long as Beaufort County and eastern North Carolina is in danger, and while there is the immediate and essential cleanup. You can find all Hurricane Dorian posts here. Also, you can access the BCN Hurricane Tracker here.
All Beaufort County solid waste convenience sites will open on Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 7 AM and will return to normal operating hours. Vegetative debris taken to the convenience sites must be:
- no longer than 6 feet.
- less than 8 inches in diameter.
- No stumps.
RESIDENTS may dispose of VEGETATIVE DEBRIS at the landfill at no cost. Contractors will be charged the normal fee. The landfill is located at 1342 Hawkins Beach Road, Washington, NC 27889, and it will be open the following hours:
- Saturday, September 7, 2019 8 AM - 6 PM
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 1 PM - 6 PM
- Monday-Friday, September 9-13, 2019 8 AM - 4:30 PM
- Residents must unload the debris themselves at the landfill.
Updates will be provided at the County website: www.co.beaufort.nc.us