The word Domestic according to Random House Webster's College Dictionary...
- Of or pertaining to the home, family or household.
- Devoted to home life.
As you can see above the Dictionary says, in no uncertain terms, that Domestic is a nice word...Or is it?
This is an example of how the Dictionary is leading us astray because here is what the nightly news tells us is the true modern day meaning of Domestic...
- Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten during acts of Domestic violence.
- Around the world, at least one in every three women has been beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused during her lifetime. Most often, the abuser is a member of her own family.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women-more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.
- Studies suggest that up to 10 million children witness some form of Domestic violence annually.
There were four more bullet points that I left off this list which continued to tell us how awful Domestic is but enough is enough.
If someone comes up to you and says, "I'm going to domesticate you",
you better try and get them to go domesticate someone else.
Would I kid u?