Tuesday, December 8, 2015
With Pamela Zimmerman
BCCC, Building 8, Room 822
2:00 PM — 5:00 PM
Pamela Zimmerman opened her first Etsy shop in 2008, and has had over 6.000 sales there. Although she was a Fiber Artist of international standing, with hundreds of awards to her credit and work appearing in numerous books, magazines and articles, Pamela found her work was not very marketable in Eastern North Carolina. Long distance gallery relationships took a lot of effort and meant her artwork was out of her immediate control. Finding Etsy was the solution to selling! Pamela maintains 4 shops on Etsy.com, selling pottery, metal, fiber and vintage items. Read more about her at PamelaZimmerman.net
- Have you ever wished you could sell the things you make online?
- Looking for a way to market to a specific group of people (who don't live here?)
- Have collectables you have held onto for 20 years?
- Do you have a lot of materials that can be used to make other things?
- Have you written your own how-to articles that you just know would sell to the right people?
- Tried Ebay and gave up on it?
If you have one — or all — of these situations, Etsy could be for you. This class is an orientation to Etsy.com, a world online marketplace with MILLIONS of sellers (and MILLIONS of buyers!) This is part 2, and will have hands-on computer work. Requires attendance of Part 1
, or that you already have an Etsy shop. You will learn: Maintaining your Shop in 10 minutes (or less) a day, Setting up Shipping Profiles, the ins and outs of reviews and customer claims, what kind of things will get you in trouble, and where to go if you need help.
FREE to attend! To pre-register call 940-6375 or email EvaP@beaufortccc.edu
Beaufort County Community College is a public comprehensive community college committed to accessible and affordable quality education, effective teaching, relevant training, and lifelong learning opportunities for the people served by the College.