Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Comments

Q Kayleigh, why can't you call on all of us? You haven't taken questions -

MS. MCENANY: I don't call on activists.

This exchange above between Kayleigh McEnany between herself and an unreserved Democratic Socialist propagandist, posing as a journalist, fully exemplifies why Kayleigh may be the best and brightest Press Secretary to have ever served any president.
Commented: Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 @ 5:52 am By: Stan Deatherage
All of these Thanksgiving edicts and scare tactics by "Ole Coop" are unenforceable, because they are unconstitutional. Remember that when you go to vote to elect Authoritarians to hold public office.
Commented: Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 @ 1:16 am By: Stan Deatherage
Here is another Stupid/Crazy scenario. I don't know who these crooks were trying to help with their fraudulent vote scheme, but just for the sake of argument let's say they were Trump supporters. All they had to do was cross the border to Arizona (I'm told the two states are next to each other). With just a little more effort they could have help swing that state to Trump. Of course if they were Democrats it's entirely possible they just wanted to be sure California went for Biden. It was a very close race in California.

Commented: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 @ 11:02 am By: Bobby Tony
Is this it. I remember the dong and piastre ( or piaster) but by my time there in 1968 we had pretty much destroyed their currency's value. This image is from the French occupation circa 1954 B4 Dien Bien Phu ( which I think translated means “OH SHIT”)

Commented: Friday, November 20th, 2020 @ 11:36 am By: Bobby Tony
I don't think it was a cruel thing to do to give away your last $5 MPC.

Unless my memory is failing me, in 1965 we did not have MPC.
We used the Vietnamese Piaster.
I just looked up images of the Piaster to include in this comment & noticed it is spelled "Piastre" on the bills themselves.
You learn something new day.
Or should that be every 55 years?
Oops, it looks like I can't attach pictures to comments.
Take my word for it.
Commented: Friday, November 20th, 2020 @ 11:06 am By: Alex J. Ortolano
Great read!
Commented: Friday, November 20th, 2020 @ 9:45 am By: Alex J. Ortolano
Phase 6: Until, I completely know Biden's election team and the DNC is completely in the clear, I will never acknowledge Covid Joe as the legitimate president.
Commented: Thursday, November 19th, 2020 @ 5:35 pm By: Stan Deatherage
Then there is Beaufort County Commissioners will many will argue is still held by the Democratic Socialists - www.beaufortcountynow.com
Commented: Thursday, November 19th, 2020 @ 2:52 pm By: Stan Deatherage

Commented on Caucus Games

From a clear perspective, nominal Republicans began working with the elected Democrat county commissioners to form a coalition against the Real Republican /Conservative county commissioners to ringfence their conservative effectiveness since December, 2003.

It be became more apparent in more recent years once the Democrat party morphed into the Democratic Socialist party, yet this did not deter Democrats like Frankie Waters and Jerry Evans from becoming Republicans to run for office, then once elected to the Beaufort County Commissioners, they formed coalitions with whatever Democratic Socialists they could assemble, and then voted accordingly to share power, and raise spending and taxes /fees.

The only difference for at least the next two years is that there exists at least 3 trustworthy Republicans, who will take all this to the public to whatever extent necessary to end this grand hypocrisy.
Commented: Tuesday, November 17th, 2020 @ 12:27 pm By: Stan Deatherage
I heartily concur. I will bring it forward.
Commented: Saturday, November 14th, 2020 @ 4:13 pm By: Stan Deatherage
All these years later I found this article again. Interesting write-up. Good writing.
Commented: Saturday, November 14th, 2020 @ 9:17 am By: Alex J. Ortolano
In Beaufort County, with the election of un-sworn-in commissioner, Randy Walker, a majority of the Republican county commissioners are electing to act as a majority.
Commented: Friday, November 13th, 2020 @ 1:05 pm By: Stan Deatherage
Phase 4: There is no evidence that there was election fraud.
Commented: Friday, November 13th, 2020 @ 11:46 am By: Bobby Tony
Phase 5: That's old news, it time to move on.
Commented: Friday, November 13th, 2020 @ 11:45 am By: Bobby Tony
It was never meant to be an official Beaufort County Government meeting, but a political gathering of a majority of elected commissioners to discuss one issue - the selection of a Chairman and Vice Chairman, not unlike the caucuses that are held in Raleigh by the general assembly by both political parties.

Rather than meet in private as some commissioners have done to pre-pick the Chairman and Vice Chairman each year, county commissioner elect Randy Walker considered that it might be more honest to caucus in a public space, and supply minutes of the meeting to the public, ergo ...

As far as I know, we will still be meeting Thursday at 6:30 pm.
Commented: Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 @ 1:07 pm By: Stan Deatherage
I swear Bobby Tony, you and I are on the same wave length.

When I was doing my target run in the wilds of my yard, I thought of that exact scene from that great film - "The Patriot" - as I concocted the scenario, and acted accordingly.

I get your pacifist inclination. You deserve it. You earned it well enough, and I respect that and laud you for it.

As a local and vocal Conservative politician /government official, I have to be cognizant of possible danger and be ready to defend all.
Commented: Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 @ 11:02 am By: Stan Deatherage
The secret is to live to fight another day.

Thus Center Mass is the prescribed target area, or as Mel Gibson said in "The Patriot"

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL

I say that as a person who no longer owns a gun having passed my collection down to my son. I would rather RIP if needed, than have any more bad nightmares with what could or should have been.
Commented: Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 @ 8:27 am By: Bobby Tony
I don't know as much about self defense, with firearms, as well as I should; however, I went out the other day in my expansive yard to figure how to work my yard if I was invaded by a group of armed thugs - supposed Joe Biden voters, who did promise violence on we Trump supporters.

I have this ancient Remington 12 gauge pump - no plug, and a case of No. 2 magnums (have not been able to locate double-aught-buck magnums yet), so I figured that to be successful in my endeavor of protecting me and my wife, I would need to hit the various targets that I put up - at about 20 yards distance - in the chest/ throat/ head area.

Well, I fired at three targets BOOM - BOOM - BOOM, and quickly stashed my smoking long gun away, now freshly oiled and cleaned after nearly 50 years of neglect, since I technically live in town.

You see, I stopped hunting when I was 15, maybe 16 because I hated killing animals; however this day, I did fire (enjoyed the the jolt of the recoil), and still hit all three of these targets in the chest /throat /head area, and I estimated that the damage was significant enough, until I can locate the double-aught-buck magnums that I would prefer.

Conclusion: After nearly 50 years of my neglect of firearms: I think it might be best to fire at the chest /throat /head area, then pump hard and fast for a perfect ejection of spent shell, then quickly fire again while carrying a sack of about 50 rounds as I would seek new targets, with various stashes of safe, dry ammo located in 4 remote spots if needed.

But that is just me I reckon; others may want to fire at the extremities.

Also, I have a friend - an ex senior officer "in our great military" - who is supplying me a hand gun to try, or another until I find what I am comfortable with. I can't imagine that I would train myself to react in such a stressful situation to aim for the legs or other extremities.

In decades past, when I played linebacker tackling shifty, speedy running backs, I was coached to "to see the numbers /tackle the the numbers". At this later stage of my life, I intend to HIT "the numbers" ... or the throat and head as a backup.
Commented: Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 @ 7:27 am By: Stan Deatherage
Right On Alex. It is a well-known fact that only The Lone Ranger can shoot the pistol (knife) out of the bad guy’s hand. Contrary to all the western scenes we see in movies, don’t be fooled. They are all trick photography. The Lone Ranger’s is real, I know I saw it myself on TV.

Lash LaRrue was pretty good with his bullwhip, but he only had a limited range.

To paraphrase Bo Uecker’s quote on the best way to catch a knuckleball.

“The best way to disarm a man is to pick up the weapon after you kill him.”

Sounds a bit harsh, I know, but have you ever heard a bullet whiz by your head? You know they travel faster than the speed of sound, but it’s better to look back on an incident than to look up at one from six feet down.
Commented: Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 @ 4:56 am By: Bobby Tony
How about the Femoral Artery in the left leg. Is that a good place to shoot?

Knowing John Wayne as well as I do.. If he were one to shoot the leg first, he would definitely aim for the Femoral Artery.
Commented: Monday, November 9th, 2020 @ 7:47 pm By: Stan Deatherage
Dr. Oz Weight Loss Supplements Video: www.youtube.com
Commented: Monday, November 9th, 2020 @ 9:30 am By: Ted McDonald
Fabulous insight into what is mostly wrong and that it must be fixed.
Commented: Friday, November 6th, 2020 @ 9:11 pm By: Stan Deatherage
Since we are talking about music, I did find a little time to play yesterday softly during a political meeting (not government) with two county commissioner friends (both were just elected) at my place. I know this because now these two tabs were open on my laptop, and just wondered - "Where did they come from?".

I did not sing a lick, but just talked politics and played the chords with the tune in my head. One was - tabs.ultimate-guitar.com, which might suggest where my head was

I guess I am not your usual county commissioner.
Commented: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 @ 11:58 pm By: Stan Deatherage
Thanks for the video tip Bobby Tony. I will try it when I am fresh tomorrow after I get most of my endless chores done.

For now, however, that is what I need to know, which I don't know - the 6/8 roll rhythm. I try to mimic the rhythm, and then I just wind up with something that works with my voice.

Even though I can move my hands fast enough and grab all the chords well enough, I need to get the that 6/8 roll down.

Plus, I need a another guitar, although, I am quite fond of my little Yamaha with the fat neck. My next guitar will have to be a perfect fit, and of full, hearty quality, or, I am afraid I will reject it ... like the sad woman woman, who just is not quite as good as the one that got away.

One more thing that is weir for me. I won't spend much time on any one song. I will work on a song, play it all the way through, then, I'll go get another one; quite often one that I have never done, and do it to some varying quality ... maybe learn a new chord or two in the process.

And then I get so busy, I do not pick my guitar up for a week or more, and that is when I realize that my fingernails need clipping.

So, I earnestly pick up my guitar, play some chords until if feels good, sounds good, and then two to three hours roll by, and I have worked on 6 or 7 songs and also put a little original melody together that sounds good, and then, "I thank the good Lord for my fingers".

It is during one of those sessions where I will try stuff from The Band, to Tom Waits, to Johnny Cash, to Dire Straits /Mark Knopfler even, maybe Pink Floyd, James Taylor; the Beatles, Paul Simon, Van Morrison (try singing a Van the Man tune like "Caravan") ... it gets fun.

I have been doing Bob Dylan songs lately ... but not much of the older Folky stuff. Mostly from 1965 forward, like "Just Like a Woman", "Shelter From the Storm" "Mighty Quinn", "All Along the Watchtower" ... the songs that made an impression on me. Not that "Blowing in the Wind" is not a cool song, but it gets boring real fast for me, however, I do like "Mister Tambourine Man" because it begs to be changed up a bit, and "Don't Think Twice" - I like that one because of the cool Lyrics - "Ain't no use to sit and wonder why babe; If you don't ... know by now".
Commented: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 @ 11:04 pm By: Stan Deatherage
I’ve simplified it for my old arthritic hands. C Em Am G7. The rest pretty much the same. Once you get the 6/8 Roll rhythm down it’s like an old 50s song. 123-4-56

youtu.be
Commented: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 @ 7:24 pm By: Bobby Tony
Get your guitar out and ty this version of Mr. Bojangles - tabs.ultimate-guitar.com

I still need to get a better strum / pick ratio. Often, I just pick and pull the notes out of the chords.
Commented: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 @ 6:13 pm By: Stan Deatherage
It never fails. When one of these Icon's pass, I do a deep dive on YouTube and find numerous songs that I never knew they made. That is particularly true with song writers. I stop buying albums and CD's years ago and as a result only knew the hits for some. I have often thought that the best songs were the B-Side of a single or lost in the 12 or so tracks on an album.

Since I am guilty of over analyzing everything, I don't doubt that GEMS will not appear until they pass should I still be alive when that occurs.
Commented: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 @ 3:48 pm By: Bobby Tony
Thanks Bobby Tony for this elucidation on a piece of who Jerry Jeff Walker was, and what his music still means.

"Mr. Bojangles" is a national treasure, and one of the many reasons why I threw caution to the wind, and started learning to play a guitar 4 years ago.

I always attempt to do the Jerry Jeff Walker version (because it is the best), with varying degrees of success - depending now on my mood - when I do this classic.

I love the song, and I am thankful, because of Jerry Jeff's "lightning-in-a-bottle creativity, that I get a chance to play it from time to time.
Commented: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 @ 3:11 pm By: Stan Deatherage
God bless you Bobby Tony. I wish I could say that about the pot, which pretty much explains why I "would never take advice from a pothead" either.
Commented: Wednesday, November 4th, 2020 @ 9:42 pm By: Stan Deatherage
Here's one you should learn from my favorite Liberal singer. I can overlook just about anything Willie says because, well because... who wants to take advice from a Pot Head. He is however a very good entertainer. (for the record I've never had a joint in my life. 2nd hand high as close as I ever got)

youtu.be
Commented: Wednesday, November 4th, 2020 @ 11:23 am By: Bobby Tony
Guy wrote some great songs. Here’s one that had a bunch of collaborators. The Guitar. Will send chills down you or up your back. And his buddy Verlon can’t be beat when it comes to guitar work.

It sure beats listening to election returns. I can wait until tomorrow to get the post op.

youtu.be
Commented: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 @ 8:20 pm By: Bobby Tony
LA Freeway was written by Guy Clark? Cool.

I guess I like Guy Clark music. Great song. I may have tried it some time ago, but figured it was beyond me because of the chord - A/G# . No problems now. I conquered that chord when I worked on "The Weight".
Commented: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 @ 7:43 pm By: Stan Deatherage
Just posted a Jerry Jeff Walker Icon post. He and Guy Clark (writer of LA Freeway) were buddies back in the day.

I'm sorry to see these icon pass but it sure beats the early deaths of some of the Rock Stars from the drugs. You recon the type of music provided a level of protection because I'm pretty sure most the recent deaths in their 70s & 80 partook as well.
Commented: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 @ 5:18 pm By: Bobby Tony
Thank-you man. I am playing it right now. I like it. I know it. I've sadly lived it.

"The answer my friend is just piss'n' in the wind."

Hey, I just played L A Freeway for the first time. I have not thought about that song for over a decade. With a little practice, I think I can nail it. It might also help to listen to the song again.
Commented: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 @ 4:39 pm By: Stan Deatherage
This one maybe just a bit over the line, but that’s where Jerry Jeff played.

youtu.be
Commented: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 @ 4:20 pm By: Bobby Tony
Now that is funny. I can see that: Bobby Tony soaping down the hard and probably porous surface of your driveway.

If Moe was close by, he would slap your Curly head.

Then you would BOOM OUT some Jerry Jeff Walker and probably make some new friends.

Bobby Tony ... Jerry Jeff is gone man, bummer, huh?
Commented: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 @ 4:18 pm By: Stan Deatherage
My Davy Crockett days have long since passed, I have prepared some soapy water to pour on The driveway. Wheel chairs and canes have a hard time on slippery surfaces. I’ve got my boom box ready just in case.

youtu.be
Commented: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 @ 4:00 pm By: Bobby Tony
I wish I had thought of that.

Instead, I oiled up, and cleaned my Remington Shotgun, removed the plug (4 rounds with one in the chamber now), bought a case of 2 shot /magnum load (could not find double aught on a number of tries, and fortunate to get a case of no. 2 shot) to go with the 5 rounds of double aught that I already had; additionally, I have designated a dozen ambush points in my 2.27 acre yard that is extremely hard to navigate unless one knows the lay of natural garden areas, which I created and one would never see me until I fire; then quickly move, with additional ammo (one box of 25) stored in various sectors.

It would be a last resort to leave my house, which I would defend first, but would if I am invaded by overwhelming numbers, and would thereby lead them away from my house.

I really could care less about the intricacies of general statutes if I truly know that we are genuinely threatened by a gang of evil, and really feel that I could be more effective on my ground that I know as I have created it.

So, I would go on offense if necessary, carrying my vintage Samurai Sword if the action got close-in. I might die, but, I would take a big bunch with me.

I should not have to think about stuff like this, but ... I have.
Commented: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 @ 3:48 pm By: Stan Deatherage
As a latter day journalist, I rate the today's media a Z minus.
Commented: Friday, October 30th, 2020 @ 7:51 pm By: Stan Deatherage
www.beaufortcountynow.com
Bobby Tony free exercise advice.
Commented: Friday, October 30th, 2020 @ 2:19 pm By: Ted McDonald

Commented on

Tom, What do you know about the Biden Crime Syndicate?

I don't think the Covid shutdown, which was primarily enacted by Democratic Socialist governors, is a fair yardstick to judge an economy that was forced into recession, and then blame President Trump.

As far as your racism and misogyny accusations against a president that is brash and probably self-centered to boot, you are way off base, and should never discuss such issues that you could never really fully understand.
Commented: Thursday, October 29th, 2020 @ 5:08 pm By: Stan Deatherage